Honey Mustard-Glazed Salmon with Lentils and Kale
I just made this for dinner this week and it is so SO good and extremely guilt free. And ladies, you can brag to your man about your homemade honey-mustard skills…I did. ; )
INGREDIENTS: (I use all organic ingredients.)
I cup brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
8 oz kale, chopped (about 8 packed cups)
4 6-oz wild-caught salmon fillets
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Ground black paper and sea salt, to taste
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large saucepan over high heat, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add lentils and kale. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until lentils and kale are tender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Meanwhile, place salmon fillets on a baking sheet lines with foil and coated with cooking spray. Season salmon with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake for 12 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, stir honey and mustard together. When salmon is ready, remove fillets from oven and coat thoroughly with honey-mustard glaze. Return to oven and back 10 to 15 minutes more or until cooked through.
5. Divid lentil and kale mixture onto plates. Top each with salmon fillet and serve immediately.