21 Day Fix Results + Egg Muffin Recipe
My results are IN and I wanted to share them with you! I’m embarrassed to say that although I own several Beachbody at-home workout programs (P90X, T-25, Insanity, P90X3, 21 Day Fix & 21DF Extreme) I have never actually completed one, beginning to end – until now! (Insert applause!!!)
I decided to do 21 Day Fix mostly because my kids have been home for summer break and I needed something I could do from home that didn’t take forever. I also wanted guidance on portion control because I just didn’t get how much of what I should be eating. Once I figured out how to use the containers (I got an awesome app to help keep track of everything) it was smooth sailing. I’m seriously so shocked and excited about my results that I’m doing another round!
So on to the results….
While I only lost one pound (further proof that I am throwing my scale away!), I lost major inches, especially from my waist. I built visible muscle (which weighs more than fat), and my clothes fit better. The best part was the fact that it was only a 3 week challenge. This, and the fact that I was a part of a group of women doing the challenge at the same time keeping each other accountable, made it FUN and very doable! The best thing though was seeing results quickly. I’m so impatient!
Here is my before and after – SO scary and embarrassing to put on Instagram, and here too – but the results were just too good not to share! I figure it might inspire someone to work on their own health just like so many have inspired me. Both of those photos are unedited and I didn’t use a filter. Pretty ridiculous, huh?! I can’t wait to start the next round and see what my new before and afters look like!
During this challenge I ate a lot of great and guilt-free food and one of my favorite breakfast recipes is below!
Veggie & Egg Breakfast Muffins (21 Day Fix Approved)
1 Green Container sweet onion, chopped
1 Green Container green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 Green Container red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 Green Container cooked broccoli, chopped
2 Green Containers fresh mushrooms, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (only the green parts)
12 large eggs, whisked
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
Olive oil or coconut cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Saute onions in spray over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add peppers and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes more. Add mushrooms and continue for about 2-3 more minutes. Then add broccoli just to heat through for 2 minutes.
3. While veggies are cooking, whisk eggs in a large bowl.
4. Once veggies are done, remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Add them to bowl with eggs and stir well, adding salt and pepper.
5. Coat large muffin pan with olive oil or coconut oil spray. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill each muffin cup.
6. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, Remove muffins once the tops are fluffy, high, and golden brown. Pop them out with a butter knife or spatula.
Serving – 2 muffins
I red, I green
I added a little to each for 1/2 a blue – awesome!
Are you on your own health journey? I’d love to know so I can follow you and cheer you on!