Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry
Need a quick, easy and mostly healthy dinner option? Look no further! I made this delicious meal Tuesday night and my family raved. Kid-approved, hubby-approved, ME-approved! This was so satisfying and not difficult at all. You can substitute any veggies depending on your preferences.
Beef & Vegetable Stir Fry
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
1 pkg (16 oz) rice vermicelli noodles
3-4 tbsp sesame oil
1 lb. lean beef (like sirloin), either cut into strips or chunks
2 small yellow onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, diced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 bok choy, chopped (rinse well as it my have dirt in it)
2 cups broccoli
1 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup snow peas
4 tbsp oyster sauce
4 tbsp reduced sodium tamari or soy sauce
2 tbsp water
1. Cook the noodles according to package. Drain well and rinse with cold water.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large wok over hight heat. Add 1 tbsp of sesame seed oil and swirl it around to coat sides of wok. Add beef and stir fry for 4-6 minutes until cooked. Transfer to a plate.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add all the vegetables and stir fry until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the water, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
4. Add the oyster sauce and tamari or soy sauce to the wok. Toss well to combine.
5. Add the beef and vermicelli noodles and mix through the stir fry. Enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from Kayla Itsines.